- Police searching for Michigan school shooting suspect's parents
- Hear texts sent by suspect's mom days prior to the shooting
- Omicron appears to be 'a very transmissible variant,' WHO chief scientist says
- Biden administration shipping 9 million vaccine doses to Africa and another 2 million worldwide
- Taliban decree on women's rights, which made no mention of school or work, dismissed by Afghan women and experts
- The rescue of Parwana: 9-year-old child bride is taken to safety in Afghanistan
- Russia positions more forces, supply lines as fears rise of potential Ukraine invasion
- Peng Shuai: Human rights activist Peter Dahlin says IOC is putting Chinese tennis star at 'greater risk'
- 'Make hanging traitors great again:' CNN finds problematic ads sold by Facebook
- Pakistan PM calls mob killing 'day of shame' for the country
- US Capitol rioter 'sought to physically remove' Pelosi and McConnell, prosecutors say
- Supreme Court justices to cast initial votes in case that could determine future of Roe v Wade
- See Angela Merkel bow out gracefully in grand ceremony
- Man in Italy uses fake silicone arm to try to get vaccine certificate
- US, European allies sound a pessimistic note as Iran nuclear talks break in Vienna
- International Space Station swerves to avoid space junk, Russia says
- A gravelly voiced President Biden says he has a cold
- What it's like to hitch a ride with Prince Charles
- Chinese submarine's alleged surprise show highlights risk of the unexpected at sea
- 22 years after 13-year-old girl's murder, an arrest that made history
- Video shows men spit and throw shoes at Hanukkah party bus
- Alec Baldwin: 'I would never point a gun at anyone and then pull the trigger, never'
- WTA's Steve Simon: IOC's call with Peng Shuai 'very much orchestrated'
- Thousands of Americans will still be without power and heat this winter despite call for utility companies to prevent shutoffs
- A leopard snatched this mother's child. She chased it down and rescued him
- Norway's 'threadbare' Christmas tree present underwhelms some in Britain
- Didi is delisting from New York just months after its disastrous IPO
- Yorkshire County Cricket Club: Amid racism scandal fallout, first-team coach and director of cricket among staff to leave
- Drone footage shows Spanish town submerged in volcanic ash
- LeBron James clears NBA Covid-19 health and safety protocols after negative tests
Under the patronage of His Beatitude and His Holiness Pope Tawadros II and His Apostolic partners, Their Eminences Anba Moussa, General Bishop of Youth and Anba Ermia, General Bishop and head of the Coptic Orthodox Cultural Center, and in the framework of cooperation between the Coptic Orthodox Cultural Center and Bishopric of Youth, a celebration entitled “Our Patriarchs”, was held on the occasion of the fifth memorial of late Pope Shenouda III.
The ceremony was attended by Their Eminences Anba Bishoy, Bishop of Damietta, Kafr El Sheikh and El Barari, and abbot of St. Demiana’s Monastery, Anba Basanti Bishop of Helwan Maasara, Anba Antony Bishop of England, Anba Raphael, Bishop of downtown Cairo churches and Secretary of the Holy Synod, and Metropolitan Mounir Hanna, head of Episcopal Church in Egypt and Africa.
The ceremony was also attended by number of ministers including Ambassador Nabila Makram Immigration and Egyptian Affairs Abroad minister, Dr. Abdul Qawi Khalifa, former Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Mr. Faraj Sulaiman delegated by Dr. Ghada Wali Minister of Social Solidarity, Nabil Matias delegated by Dr. Abdel Moneim ElBana Minister of Agriculture, Dr. Mahmoud Al-Alaili Secretary of the quality committees and a member of the Supreme Committee of Free Egyptians Party, Hani Aziz, Secretary-General of the Society of Peaceful Egypt lovers, and Pope Shenouda III family.
The celebration began with a speech by His Grace Bishop Moussa, where he pointed out that the celebration comes as a recognition of what was done by late Pope Shenouda III during his ministering years since he was a monk than Bishop than Patriarch, years of bountiful tender. During his service period His Holiness ordained many bishops inside Egypt and abroad, divided the large parishes, and also ordained many priests, stressing on the need to visit people at their homes.
His Eminence, Anba Moussa, pointed out that Pope Shenouda cared for needy people and followed benefaction committee ministering in person, he was very generous and never dissuaded someone who ask, but always asked people in need about their needs that they don’t divulge.
For his part, HG Anba Ermia, General Bishop and head of the Coptic Orthodox Cultural Center expressed his gratitude to his eminence Anba Moussa, Bishop of youth, which he considers his teacher and learned from him a lot for organizing this wonderful festive with youth” His Eminence also thanked all attendees including bishops, statesmen and public figures.
Anba Ermia pointed out that this festive is for the fifth memorial of late Pope Shenouda III, and therefore His Holiness Pope Tawadros II headed the Mass at St. Bishoy monastery in Wadi Natrun and promoted 38 priests to Qamsiyah.
His eminence said that people wonder why the Coptic Orthodox Cultural Center (Pope Shenouda – wisdom and compassion) award was not granted for this year, His Eminence replied that it has been postponed in solidarity with the abode and Al-Botrosya martyrs.
At the end of his speech his grace said that late Pope Shenouda III was loved by everyone and was nicknamed with many titles, including (the Dean of the Patriarchs of the East) and (Pope of Arabs) and other titles, which he merited due to what he gave to his homeland and church that words are not enough to narrate.
19 March 2017